Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ezri's Second Day

I went in to un- cover her this morning and she is doing well. I was able to reach in a take out her water dish with out incident. I cleaned it and filled it with warm water. When I was putting it back in her cage I offered her a drink from it. She took two. The she tried to come out so I offered her my arm. I left my arm in the cage so she jumped on then jumped off after a few seconds. She is now eating. She did not try to bite me.
I just spent an hour with her. I was drinking my coffe and she was eating her breakfast of seed.
I did offer her some birdie bread. She took it gently from my fingers and nibbled some and dropped it. I gave her a bigger piece and she literally kicked it off the perch with her little leg.
John was able to feed her some millet through the cage bars. They had a nice interaction. Her comfort level is still just at handing food to her.
After her vet visit Tuesday we shall see if she wants to come out and say Hi!

No comments: